AUTOBAHN (Poland, 1996?)
Reggae, 90208


Although there has been a lot of Polish releases on this blog before, I can't remember even one Autobahn? Well, here's the first, then, and it's on the surprisingly titled "Reggae" label. Apparently based on the German 1985 edition, same front illustration at least.


The cassette is clear, without any info, not even which side you're looking at. The cover is a simple 1-panel J-card, on fairly cheap-looking thin paper, and printed on one side only. In fact, the only actual connection to the official item is the "motorway sign" design on the front; they haven't even bothered to put the track list on the cover! It just says "Autobahn I-V", which surprises me, as if they had access to the illustration on the front, surely they had the tracklist too? Maybe they were sent a postcard of it.


I stated above that this came out in 1996, I base this on a stamp inside the cover. However it's barely visible, so I didn't really see any point in posting that picture. Anyway, if they stamped it each time they did another run of cassettes, it may date as long back as to 1985, so I'm inclined not to write the date in stone anyway. I can't remember seeing many stamped items from Poland anyway, and this, the label name, and the blatant copying of the original design sets this cassette apart from most Polish cassettes I've seen. Nice item!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog