DIE MENSCH-MASCHINE (Germany, 1978)
EMI 1C 258-32843


I've been eager to get an early edition of the German Die Mensch-Maschine cassette - I posted a mid 80's reissue of it a year ago, but you can never beat an original can you?


I never know which versions to call "first editions", but it appears that the blue cassette is at least one of the first. There is also a black edition, from around the same time, and a "Club-edition" which I suppose was sold via mail order - that one is also blue but clearly marked and different to this. (And it's an under-documented field of research, so I suppose there are others as well!).

Whatever the edition though, Die Mensch-Maschine cassettes all come with a small and flimsy 1-panel J-card, with the track listing on the inside. Labels are printed directly onto the shell, light blue print on a darker blue cassette. I think it's a pretty sight, although it isn't exactly in keeping with the El Lissitsky-influenced artwork of the LP...







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog