ELECTRIC CAFE (Australia, 1986)
EMI TCEMD1001


Back to Australia, and one I've been looking for without much luck, the Straya edition of Electric Cafe! On a personal note, I ordered a copy of this during the pandemic, but it has yet to materialise... A rare occasion of things getting lost in the mail for me. Hope it's not going to happen more often in the future!


For me as a collector, with many different editions of each release, the ones that look a bit different are often the ones I find the most interesting - even when they don't look that fascinating per se. I've shown a few editions of this release from countries that didn't splash out on the full, 2-sided/ 4-panel J-card, some countries made a relatively "budget" release on cassette... Australia did an interesting variant, where they steered clear of the all-black custom design, but at least, the J-card was printed on both sides. And the inside is simply an image, the one which was on the inner cover of the LP, or the Musique Non Stop single - same four heads as the front cover, just in a "grid" design. Interesting that they'd opt for just the image, across two panels, with the spine and backflap left white, but there you are!


The cassette is white with blue print, and if you look carefully, you see that the band name and album title IS present and correct on both sides, it's just that on my copy, the a-side appears to be a bit worn. Lovely item none the less, as I usually say!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog